Maybe you were right. I’m one of those people, that no matter what someone tells me, I just have to try it myself before I can believe it. I’m just plain stubborn I guess.
And now a year later, I think I want to sell it. I’m supposed to have this burning desire to go there for the summer, but instead, I have no desire. And I hate spending money on it!
I could go on and on about my list of pros and cons, but it really boils down to every reason that readers warned me about  (it’ll get old, the kids will be busy with activities, you’ll want to go elsewhere, etc.)
Yikes, what a predicament. Maybe I should have listened a little closer to readers like WR who said: “Ix-Nay on the vacation home. Own your investments but rent your fun.”
So now that we own it, we’re trying to decide on the best strategy moving forward. Try to sell it immediately or hold onto it for awhile then try to sell. We’re leaning towards just listing it soon to see what happens….
Want a free TurboTax Premier code? It’s easy. Just become a My Dollar Plan Facebook Fan  and leave a comment on the wall. I’ll contact the winner with a free TurboTax Premier code!
- What Did You Do When the Market Was Down? 
- Avoid These 401k Rollover Mistakes 
- Fee Only Vs. Fee Based Financial Advisor – What the heck is the difference? 
- What To Do With an Unused 529 Funds 
- Is Investing In Rental Property A Good Move? 
- Carnival of Wealth 
- Totally Money Blog Carnival 
- Carnival of Personal Finance 
- Tax Carnival 
By the Numbers
- Five Money Saving Habits You’ll Want to Learn This Year 
- 6 Ways to Salvage your New Years Resolutions 
- Your Financial Goals 2012