I recently highlighted our mortgage refinance  with Pentagon Federal Credit Union. A reader, Vic, wanted to know more about joining the credit union.
Not only do they have some incredibly good mortgage rates, but they also have good balance transfer rates from time to time (which we used on our rental property ), and decent car loans if you’re in the market for a used car. Finally, they have CD sales, where they offer fantastic CD rates. However, they go quickly, so you usually need to have your membership established ahead of time.
The best part about Penfed, is that anyone can join . If you don’t qualify for one of the main criteria, you just make a $20 donation to the National Military Family Association. It’s a membership fee that I’ve earned back many times over with all their great products.
- 7 Lessons Learned from a Failed Attempt to Refinance a Mortgage 
- What are Mortgage Points and Should You Buy Them? 
- Use a Lease Option to Lock in Low Home Prices 
- Successful Investing-Not Magic 
- Dow Closed Above 10,000 for First Time in a Year – Chart of the Day 
- Strong 2009 Market Returns So Far: Time To Rebalance? 
- Fall Maintenance Tips for Your Home That Can Save You Money and Protect Your Family 
- No Costco Membership? Shopping At Costco Still Saves Money 
- 15 Surprising Places You Can Trim Your Budget 
By the Numbers
- 3 Quick Tips to Make Your Life Better Today 
- 27 Ways To Save Money On Your Utility Bills 
- 7 Ways to Build & Maintain a Personal Network that Works for You 
- Returning the Pleasure to Meal Preparation 
- To Wed or Not to Wed 
- Who Pays? The Delicate Balance of Dating and Money 
- What Kind of Spender Are You? 
- Carnival of Pecuniary Delights 
- Carnival of Personal Finance