I’m very intrigued by everything going on with the housing market right now. We were out of town visiting friends this past weekend and had a lengthy discussion about the Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan , downsizing houses, and foreclosures.
We’ve been fortunate to be in an area that is not seeing plummeting house prices, but we’ve also been giving our current house and our long terms plans a lot of thought. Stay tuned as Scott and I decide what we’re going to do about our house…
Tax Software Downloads. Amazon has launched the Tax Software Downloads  store. Now you don’t have to worry about shipping fees or the time it takes to receive the software. You can download it to your computer instantly. They offer both TurboTax  and TaxCut .
Etrade IRA. Etrade is offering 100 free trades for new Traditional, Roth, or Rollover IRAs opened by December 31, 2009. The trades must be executed within 30 days, and you’ll be credited for the trade commission within eight weeks. Open a new Etrade IRA  by April 15 to apply your contributions to the 2008 tax year.
Home Buyer Tax Credit Form Updated. For those of you waiting to file your taxes and claim the $8,000 First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit  for 2009 home purchases, you’re in luck. The IRS updated the 2008 Form 5405 .
- Our Buy vs. Rent Situation 
- Should I Pay Off My Mortgage? 
- Holding a Mortgage within an RRSP 
- Obama’s Foreclosure Bailout Plan: Should There Be Help For Homeowners? 
- Should You Buy A House If You Are In Debt? 
- Sell the House and Move to Florida 
- Frugal Finances: What To Do When A Spouse Loses Their Job 
- What, If Anything, Have You Given Up During This Recession? 
- When will the Recession End? 
- What Will the Recession Mean for My Kids?