Planning to travel this summer? Here’s a quick travel perk for you. Hilton is offering free gold status for the summer.
To upgrade your Hilton Honors account, enter the account number of a Visa signature credit card at: Hilton Honors Visa Signature upgrade .
If you stay 3 times, your gold status will extend until next March. If you already have gold status, you’ll get 5,000 bonus points.
We haven’t stayed at a Hilton since we blew through all of our points at the Hilton Key West Resort (which has since changed to The Westin Key West Resort ), but I do recall that gold status typically gets you a free breakfast and a room upgrade.
Without the free gold status, we typically maintain the free silver status with our Citi Hilton Honors credit card .
Personal finance articles of the week:
- Getting The Most From Your Retirement 
- California Teacher’s Pension Ripoff 
- Which Retirement Plan Is Right for Me? Traditional IRAs Versus Roth IRAs Versus 401(k)s and 403(b)s 
- How To Manage A DRIP & Individual Stock Portfolio 
- Investing vs Paying Off Debt 
- The Value of Diversification Beyond The S&P 500 
By the Numbers
- 62 Money-Saving Tips to Help Survive Another Recession 
- Don’t Make These 3 Common Mortgage Mistakes 
- Where Your Finances Should Be at Any Given Age