A close friend of mine just told me that she got a position teaching personal finance at one of the local universities this semester. Not only was I excited for her, but I was really excited for the students.
I just wish that all the students would be required to take the class instead of it being an elective. If we taught kids how to manage money, it would be more reasonable for us to expect them to do a good job managing it!
We’re still vacationing, so I’ll keep this short and sweet and get right to the personal finance articles of the week:
- Solid Mutual Funds With High Minimums. 
- Smith Manouevre Portfolio August 2009 – Where is the Correction? 
- Stock Analysis – Earnings Per Share & Price to Earnings Ratio 
- Do I Need a Credit Monitoring Service? 
- Secured Credit Cards To Boost Your Credit 
- Credit Card Overlimit Fees Taking a Hike? 
- Setting Up Automatic Credit Card & Bank Activity Alerts 
By the Numbers
- 11 Things We All Buy, But Don’t Need 
- 7 Things That Make Good Financial Cents For College Students 
- Financial Wisdom: Five Ways To Plan For A Better Future