Now that we’ve decided to stay in our house  long term we decided it was finally time to do something about our patio. When we built our house, I think it was the only thing that didn’t quite turn out the way we envisioned.
The current patio is just too small. We’re planning to expand the patio, extend the retaining wall, regrade the lawn around it, and try to make it look like one of the fancy magazine pictures.
Although the thought of his pregnant wife trying to read a website, add dirt, boulders, and install brick pavers or flagstone didn’t quite fly. Of course, he’s right. I like to try to do things myself, but this is way out of my league! So we agreed to have some professional landscape architects come out to draw up plans and bid on the work.
Luckily, I saw that Angie’s List  has a promotion right now. They waive the activation fee if you use the promo code ROOF by 5/17. I signed up and got a great list of contractors that had multiple good reviews.
While I was there, I checked out references for the solar panels  we’re planning on getting and dentist referrals, since mine is retiring soon. It was well worth my $2.60!
The various landscapers are coming out in the next few weeks to design the proposals. I’ll let you know how it goes!
- Early Retirement or Meaningful Work? 
- How Much Do You Need to Save for Early Retirement? 
- How Much Money Should You Save? 
- How to Save Money on Life Insurance 
- What It Means to Be Self-Insured 
- Alternative Income is a Form of Insurance 
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages 
- How To Buy A Foreclosure: Find Foreclosed Homes Online 
- Have You Refinanced Your Mortgage Recently? 
By the Numbers
- How To Save Money – The 1,001 List Of Money Saving Tips And Ideas 
- 5 Ways You Can Fight The Recession 
- 10 Commandments For Frugal Living 
- Win $20,000