I got an email from an old business associate this week. It’s always nice to hear what people have been up to… and even more interesting when they have a personal finance idea to share. He’s a real estate investor, and it turns out he is looking to expand.
I’ve been interested in real estate, but more from the sidelines. I’ve never wanted to get into it myself because of the hassles. However, the idea of partnering with him has me considering it. We’re going to meet to talk about the idea soon.
In the meantime, I’m busy learning everything I can about real estate investing, starting with the Mr. Landlord free newsletter .
I’ve also been checking out many of the resources listed in 65+ Online Tools and Resources for Real Estate Investors . If you’re currently a landlord, or have considered it, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
I’ll keep you updated on the status of the business venture… now, on to the personal finance articles of the week!
- Take a Free Economics Course on Financial Markets from Yale 
- How to Take Advantage of the Market After the Crash of 2008 
- 2009 Stimulus – Education and Other Benefits 
- How to Save Money Using an Entertainment Book 
- When You Go Too Cheap 
- Cheap Meals and Easy Dinner Ideas: Recession Dining For Under $10 
- The Dangers of Thrift 
By the Numbers
- 7 Keys To Financial Security 
- 3 Investing Lessons Learned the Hard Way 
- 15 Things You Should Never Pay For