Let’s say money is no object this holiday season. And you just want to forget about inexpensive Christmas gifts and go all out and buy the most expensive gift for everyone on your list!
While I was shopping the deals on Amazon yesterday, I started browsing the most expensive Amazon Christmas gifts and found it very amusing and entertaining.
In case you just happen to be looking for some ideas (or you need a break from holiday shopping and need a laugh), here are the most expensive Amazon holiday gifts by department to ship to your friends and family this year!
Most Expensive Gift Ideas
- Baby: Elite Serenity Bath Tub: $84,000.00. The person who wrote the review thinking they bought an oil drain bucket for $84 is entertaining.
- Beauty: Photo Therapy Machine: $25,999.00. The day I checked, it was on sale for 13% off, so if you’re in the market for one of these, I guess you should buy it on sale, right?
- Clothing: Russian Sable Fur Coat: $46,500.00. These coats are on close out, so you’ll save almost $40,000!
- Electronics: LifeSize Room Video Conferencing Kit (No Phone): $10,649,998.94. No phone? For that price, can’t they throw in the phone?
- Grocery and Gourmet Food: Sticky Fingers, Scone Mix Original – 12 Pack: $9,005.38. I’m a big fan of buying in bulk; if you calculate the unit price, it brings the cost down to $1,500.90 for each one.
- Home, Garden, and Pets: 1.5″ Rhodochrosite Carved Crystal Skull: $4,800,566.00. Nobody on my list specifically asked for for a crystal skull, but I’m sure it would make a good stocking stuffer!
- Jewelry: Certified Diamond (Oval, Fair cut, 15.19 carats, G color, VS1 clarity): $789,780.00. Thinking of proposing? You can usually get a better deal on diamonds online, right?
- Industrial and Scientific: N82S212N: $348,018.75. The only description is a General-Purpose Static RAM, so I’m guessing it must be popular enough that it will sell itself.
- Musical Instruments: Bob Dylan Hand-Signed Series – Set of 7 Harmonicas: $25,000.00. My three year old asked for an instrument for Christmas. Do you think he’d treat these harmonicas with love?
- Music: Introducing the Beatles: $125,000.00. It’s in vinyl, so if you are planning on giving this as a gift, maybe you’ll want to combine it with a classic turntable too.
- Office Products: Pez Outlaw, Life on the Run – Movie Rights: $315,000.00. I noticed they are also selling the book rights too, but it looks like that will set you back another $315k.
- Shoes: BALLY Mae Bowling Bag: $3,195.00. Why is the most expensive pair of shoes a bowling bag?
- Software: Avocent DSView – License: $140,866.48. Software to provide “data centers with secure, centralized management for physical and virtual IT assets.” Ok. Next.
- Toys and Games: Sports Play Modular Playground: $50,441.40. Skip the swingset, you can put an entire playground in you back yard. However, with over $7,000 in shipping charges, it looks like this playground won’t qualify for Amazon Prime free shipping!
- Home Improvement: Meyda Tiffany 8 Arm Chandelier: $360,000.00. There’s free shipping on the chandelier, but I can’t tell if they will install it for you.
- Video Games: DSi TekCase in Pink: $99,999.00. Since there are two color choices, you might as well buy the black version for $53.89.
- Watches: Men’s Portuguese Tourbillon Mystère Watch: $88,800.00. I love the fact that if you buy 2, they’ll send you a $25 Amazon Gift Certificate!
Just for clarification, I did have to skip some of the most expensive gifts, since it appeared that sellers were trying to list a maximum price just to be at the top of the list. Where possible, I excluded those to try and find the actual most expensive gift ideas.
Ok, now that we’ve had some fun checking out the expensive Christmas gifts, let’s head back to reality and focus on our frugal holiday gifts for family and friends.
If you had an unlimited budget this holiday season, which gift would you give to someone on your list?
- Hot Free Money Deals: Barclaycard $440+